Although the Internet is widely used in the homes, the Internet has its own advantages and disadvantages. Many have fears that the Internet poses too many harmful effects, therefore, its use should decline. However, the Internet has several positive uses that include researching information, which is most common, finding entertainment, and conducting business. These uses, in my opinion will outweigh the disadvantages.
Frequently, the World Wide Web is useful to gather information and conduct research on various topics through the means of electronic mail (E-mail) and search engines. Today, it is required for students to use the Internet to conduct fields of research on projects posed by their instructors. Google, Yahoo, and Msn search engines are a part of student’s daily lives. It is a pool of information waiting for the dive from students. Moreover, information can transfer from one place to the next, regardless of the distance, via electronic mail (e-mail). One may use it to relay messages quickly and efficiently in the purpose of either business or pleasure.
Entertainment is another benefit of having the Internet invented. Why would someone want to damage a great re...
... middle of paper ...
...tive, carry out a random check on the website to ensure its validity and it is hacker-free. Next, to ensure the child’s safety limit the websites that he or she is allow to view by accessing the Internet settings. If one cannot do this, the parent should explain to the child the dangers that he or she might face if choose to disobey. In addition, a guardian can supervise the child’s Internet access. Besides that, viruses are the easiest to correct. The best way to decrease the amount of virus on one’s computer is to get virus protection.
In final consideration, you may see that the advantages overshadow the disadvantages. Indeed, the disadvantages can create havoc and destruction, but if the proper precautions are taken one will see that Internet is an asset and not a liability. So, to the question: is the Internet more harmful? The answer is in the writing.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Internet is more popular today than it was years ago. As technology advances, the use of the Internet grows yonder and is an amazing addition in our lives. The Internet has been perhaps the most outstanding innovation in the field of communication in the history of humanity. It is a global meeting place where people from all parts of the world can collaborate. Additionally, it is a service available on the computer, through which anyone who has access to the Internet can receive. The Internet is for a business owner, an employee, and a student.... [tags: internet, information technology, ]
1141 words (3.3 pages)
- The Internet is a global system of interconnected computers that connect different networks together and each network communicates the wide range of private, public, business and government sub networks. The creation of internet went back to 1960s where it was developed as a part of the United States military research. Nowadays, internet makes the working hours and its location more flexible than in the past, particularly through the wireless network which supports some devices like mobile phones and laptops.... [tags: Pro Con Essays]
1240 words (3.5 pages)
- Argue that, despite the fact that social networks as the name suggests are meant to connect people for varying reasons. In all respects, this is a very noble reason, however basing their arguments on two online environments, Habbo Hotel and Second Life, both of which are based on the socialization concept, they came up with a verdict that they also contribute to antisocial behaviors as well as rationales for the same. These behaviors ranged from scamming, attacks that were racist/homophobic in nature, sim attacks, and avatar attacks.... [tags: Pro Con Essays]
1046 words (3 pages)
- Positive and Negative Aspects of the Internet The new age of technology was born late last century in the form of the silicone chip. Since this early invention computers have progressed in leaps and bounds from the very basic early models to the now very complicated and very powerful computers of today. In between this growth the Internet developed into a mega market where billions of dollars are traded daily. It is a place where you can pretty much buy and sell anything you can think of. But with the development of such a powerful tool there are always going to be problems such as pornography, hackers, dodgy chat rooms and authenticity of information.... [tags: Pro Con Essays]
799 words (2.3 pages)
- The Pros and Cons of Internet Chat Rooms Computers have affected our lives in so many ways. To the way we finance things, to the way we find our future significant other. The outcomes of computers probably happen with in the last five years, give or take some. It had made people become in love with being in a virtual world and new people. That now in “real” life the people do not know how to act around not virtual people. In this report I plan to take a look at the pros and cons of meeting/talking to people over the net.... [tags: Technology]
819 words (2.3 pages)
- The U.S Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) formed the Internet in 1973. The interknitting project "Internet" was a network connecting computers to each other so they could communicate amongst each other. However the public didn’t really "log on" until the end of 1991, with the population being 4,000,000. With the Internet today, a person could find information about whatever he or she is looking for. This is good because it saves time. Before the Internet, when someone needed to find information, they had to get in their car and drive to the library.... [tags: Pro Con Essays]
591 words (1.7 pages)
- The internet is a vast network of computers that connects many of the world’s businesses, institutions, and individuals. It allows millions of people throughout the world to send and receive messages to each other, share information, and play games (Naughton 4). It was initially designed to aid the government and help people expand academically, but it is now becoming more commercialized and used in ways that it was not made for. The thought of the internet was first introduced in 1960 when the United States Department of Defense was concerned about nuclear warfare and wanted to do what it could to protect America against foreign threats.... [tags: Pro Con Essays]
1885 words (5.4 pages)
- The origins of the internet can be traced back to J.C.R. Licklider of MIT, who wrote a series of memos in August of 1962. “He envisioned a globally interconnected set of computers through which everyone could quickly access data and programs from any site.” (A Brief History of the Internet, 2000). Licklider became the first head of the computer research program at the Advanced Research Projects Agency (ARPA), where the term ARPANET came to be known. The idea behind ARPANET was to connect universities together to be able to share information between them quickly.... [tags: Pro Con Essays]
706 words (2 pages)
- "Beam me up, Scottie." This popular line from Star Trek was a demonstration of the advanced technology of the future. Though it was a fictional story, Star Trek became the universal vision of the future. As always reality tends to mimic fiction. Though our society has not quite resulted to living in space, we have made life easier with technology. Economic survival has become more dependent upon information and communications bringing forth new technology of which was never thought possible.... [tags: Pro Con Essays]
2485 words (7.1 pages)
- The internet as we all know is probably the most useful resource known to man in this day of age. Not only is the internet easy to access its easy to use. Nearly everyone owns a computer and nearly all of which have access to the internet. But isn't that a good thing. Millions of people having the ability to access and share all the information anybody could ever want. The internet can be used for a number of things such as: Research Finding and or sharing information Sending messages to friends or family Chatting to people Playing games and killing time And much more But can having this kind of power be a bad thing.... [tags: Pro Con Essays]
1286 words (3.7 pages)