First, number aptitude is one of the intellectual ability in workplace. Number aptitude is ability to calculate number in a speedy (Greenberg, 2011). It is described about the job always work related with the number. Number aptitude is needed for all kind of company especially for who are doing business and entire job. Number aptitude needed when we processing a business such as compute the account. Supermarket is the best example because number aptitude is needed when we needed to do transaction. Therefore, accountant is one of the job is match to describe the number aptitude.
Verbal comprehension is the second type of intellectual ability in workplace. Verbal comprehension is ability to understand about the word and sentence (Greenberg, 2011). It plays an important role in type of intellectual ability in w...
... middle of paper ...
...2012). Investigations in the workplace. Retrieved from http://books.google.com.my/books?id=nrFVdxqIlGIC&printsec=frontcover&dq=editions:mjcIxYmhWHUC&hl=en&sa=X&ei=eo17UtupNcTArAeM0IHADw&ved=0CDwQuwUwAg#v=onepage&q&f=false
Gabriel, B. (n.d.) What is intellectual ability? Retrieved from http://www.ehow.com/info_8750469_intellectual-ability.html
Greenberg, J. (2011). Behavior in Organizations. America, US: Pearson Education.
Robbins, S. P., & Judge, A. J. (2013). Organizational Behavior. America, US: Pearson Education.
William, T. , (n.d.) The best career choices for a visual spatial learner. Retrieved from http://work.chron.com/career-choices-visual-spatial-learner-19168.html
Yue, J. (2002). Do Basic Mathematical Skills Improve Spatial Visualization Abilities? American Society for Engineering Education Annual Conference & Exposition, American,US.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Assignment 1 – Essay ‘Training and development have an important role to play in contributing to an organisation 's efforts to manage talent ' Training and development has an extremely important role to play in talent management by organisations. Organisations are becoming increasingly more dynamic and are changing at a rapid pace; with new technologies becoming more affluent and vital parts of business infrastructure and there being an increasing shift towards customer service, employees need to be capable, willing, trainable and adaptable; with an ability to be up skilled (Bresnahan, T et all, 2002).... [tags: Human resource management, Skill, Learning]
1311 words (3.7 pages)
- The legal definition of the word steal is the wrongful or willful taking of money or property belonging to someone else with the intent to deprive the owner of its use or benefit either temporarily or permanently. Simple stated, to steal something means to take someone’s property without permission. Theft is the act of stealing and is defined by Ivancevich, Konopake and Matteson as the unauthorized taking, consuming or transfer of money or goods owned by an organization. The purpose of this paper is to explain and discuss employee theft in the workplace.... [tags: Business Management ]
1426 words (4.1 pages)
- Transferable Skills in Workplace Introduction As a student, it never too soon to look at the job market in which you will be operating as a job seeker, and at what can help you to maximize the chance of having a profitable job. To be attractive to the employer is that students have to acquire during the school time. Nowadays, there have been many researches on 'employability', which is generally regarded as a broader concept of skills in the workplace. According to the definition given by the Higher Education Academy, employability is: A set of achievements-skills, understandings and personal attributes - that makes graduates more likely to gain employment and be successful in their chosen o... [tags: Teamworking Skills, Presentations Skills]
1501 words (4.3 pages)
- Privacy in the Workplace In recent times our right to privacy has been under fire, particularly in the workplace. With the fear of terrorists in today's world, we have been willing to sacrifice some of our individual rights for the rights of a society as a whole. A majority of these changes have taken place since September 11, 2001, in an attempt to prevent future terrorist attacks. New legislation, such as the USA Patriot Act, which decreases the limitations on the federal government's ability to monitor people, has been created for this reason.... [tags: Organization Work Privacy Employees]
1625 words (4.6 pages)
- Today's workplace is more diverse than it has ever been in history. While the workforce has made strides in the direction of equality, it is still far from attaining total equality in the workplace. A company must value diversity. The main objectives of valuing diversity include awareness, education, and positive recognition of the differences among people in the workforce. Organizations are increasingly emphasizing group work or teamwork as a source of competitive advantage in a diverse workforce.... [tags: Multiculturalism, Racial Diversity ]
1490 words (4.3 pages)
- Introduction Companies in the 21st century are facing fierce competition, economic and global challengers. In the midst of challengers organisations should have distinctive competences to resist it. Survival depends on the maintenance of market share by having a good image, cost leadership, sound technical or service superioty, committed employees and speed of market. Organisations success depends on how well the use of resource are utilised in achieving the core competences. Human assets are becoming the most important resource because of the rapid growth in the service sector.... [tags: Racial Diversity, Ethnic Diversity]
2075 words (5.9 pages)
Questions On Writing Limits Students ' Creativity And Provides Little Useful Preparation For The Workplace
- Q. ‘Requiring students to write traditional academic essays limits students’ creativity and provides little useful preparation for the workplace.’ Discuss this statement critically (1500). This essay will discuss the relevance of academic essay writing. The essay will explore whether academic writing provides a basis for preparation in the workplace in which students intend to enter after their studies. The essay will also discuss whether essay writing limits students’ critical and creative ability or expands upon it.... [tags: Writing, Essay, Education, Academia]
1473 words (4.2 pages)
How the Growth of Electronic Monitoring Has Changed Employee Expectations of Privacy in the Workplace
- The use of the internet for personal pursuits in the workplace has seen phenomenal growth over the last quarter century. Along with this growth, employers and employees alike have used the internet as a tool to increase profit, manage time and facilitate communications. However, such technological advancement has its issues. The problem investigated is how the growth of electronic monitoring has changed employee expectations of privacy in the workplace. Should employees be able to use the internet for personal items while working.... [tags: Business Management ]
1155 words (3.3 pages)
- ... It is extremely important for professional geographers to not only comply with all federal laws, state laws, and institutional procedures, but also avoid unfair employment practices whenever they are encountered. To be able to sustain communities, geographers should strive to create and maintain a diverse, pluralistic, and inclusive professional community. By creating ethically standard environment - the geography companies, corporations’, or agencies achieve credibility from the public. A professional community comprises a set of social relations and communications in which individuals define and locate themselves.... [tags: data, people, workplace, respect]
1491 words (4.3 pages)
- In today’s world teamwork is being utilized by companies across the globe. Employers are seeing the value of teamwork and what can be accomplished when people put the strengths together. These teams consist of people from different cultures with different personalities. Conflict is inevitable when it comes to group dynamics. Conflict resolution is necessary to keep the group functioning efficiently. This paper will analyze group dynamics and focus on conflict resolution by way of communication. Teams consist of personnel with varied backgrounds, experience, education, and intellectual ability.... [tags: Business Theory]
1571 words (4.5 pages)