I just recently started a new Job, so all the relative things regarding the organizational culture and positive attitude in the On the Job section and Advanced topics for professional success really resonates with me. Since my prior job was at least 3 years ago, this is fresh start in a way and is definitely more challenging version of the prior job. In this paper, I will talk about my present and past experiences that answer the questions regarding decision making and problem solving, professional etiquette, strengths in communication, and finally. strategies for achieving goals and staying on task and on time.
Critical Thinking in Decision making and Problem Solving
To tackles decision making and problem solving through critical thinking, an individual should go through the following five steps, which is 1) Identifying and clarifying the problem, first and foremost step is establishing there is a problem and pointing where exactly it is, 2) gathering information, learn more about the problem, brainstorm with coworkers, check files, call suppliers etc that would help you know more about the problem and finding it out its solution, 3) Evaluating the evidence, which is evaluating and determining the accuracy of the information gathered, 4) Considering alternatives and implications, which is drawing conclusions from the collected evidence and determining a solution from it and finally, 5) is choosing and implementing the best alternative , which is selecting a solution plan and putting it into action and then monitoring the results of the implemented plan (Guffey et al., 2011).
So, for my professional life, usually, I do first establish where the problem is, just today, I had written a credit amount on th...
... middle of paper ...
...factors is using 5 step process of critical thinking in decision making and problem solving during professional situations. Another factor is employing various etiquettes to properly become part of the organizational culture and doing your Job effectively, the ones I personally use are coming on time, being respectful and friendly, and presenting a professional appearance. The components of communications such as listening, or conversing are important during interacting with coworkers or customers; it is also important to note one 's weaknesses and work on them, mine is confronting and I’m taking various steps to overcome that weakness. There also should be various strategies in place to be on-time and on-task in one 's professional life. And lastly, one should always manage professional goals while working, so one knows they are on the right path to achieving them.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... The problem-solving and decision-making are closely connected, and each requires motivation to identifying and evolving choices, for which the brainstorming method is mostly useful. A. Brainstorming is a powerful skill that is strongly focused on a single topic for a limited period of time. It offers a very different and stimulating student interaction of time. It offers a very different and inspiring student interaction technique. Finally, the unchecked and focused mental power produced in a brainstorming sitting promises both individual and group accomplishment.... [tags: brainstorming, critical thinking]
514 words (1.5 pages)
- “An Army leader is any one who by virtue of assumed role or assigned responsibility inspires and influences peoples to accomplish organizational goals. She or He motivates people both inside and outside the chain of command to pursue actions, focus thinking, and shape decisions for the greater good of the organization.1” But for him to do that effectively and efficiently , he has to be prepared, shaped and refined. There are few institutions to prepare such leaders and CGSC is one of those institutions which are mandated, organized and equipped to prepare such leaders.... [tags: Critical Thinking Essays]
1001 words (2.9 pages)
- Critical Thinking-The Equation of Life Abstract: Critical thinkers are active in their process of the mind. Many times people use critical thinking and do not realize we are even doing so. Critical thinking/logic has had a long history in math. This critical and systemic process is used for problem solving, evaluation, analysis, and synthesis. In this paper I will discuss the history of critical thinking and how we use critical thinking in the form of mathematical applications. Critical Thinking-The Equation of Life Critical thinking is a vital element in arithmetic.... [tags: Critical thinking, Logic, Problem solving]
1249 words (3.6 pages)
- Critical Thinking: Strategies in Decision Making Critical thinking is a process of applying various skills to analyze information. Critical thinking uses rationality to distinguish between emotion and fact. This paper will discuss the definition of critical thinking, and the skills it takes to think critically. It will also provide an example of critical thinking applied to my current working environment. Finally this paper will discuss the importance and benefits of critical thinking in the decision-making processes.... [tags: Decision Management Critical Thinking]
1019 words (2.9 pages)
- After I read all of the definitions of critical thinking in our book it was actually really difficult to come up with my own definition because they had so many great explanations. After a lot of thinking I finally came up with a definition that made sense to me. Critical thinking in my own opinion means being able to confidently make difficult choices with the knowledge and problem-solving skills that one possesses. My rationale for this definition is when it comes to nursing critical thinking is all about deciphering what to do when we are given each and every patient.... [tags: Nursing, Critical thinking, Problem solving]
762 words (2.2 pages)
- Abstract This paper will define the meaning of critical thinking. I will provide an example of a personal experience when critical thinking had to be used. This paper will also examin the benefits and importance of using critical thinking during the decision-making process. What is Critical Thinking. Critical thinking is an essential tool to good decision-making. Everyone has biases or prejudices which can hinder good decision making. Critical thinking varies depending on the underlying motivation.... [tags: Critical Thinking Essays]
1291 words (3.7 pages)
- Promoting critical thinking and problem solving in mathematics education is crucial in the development of successful students. Critical thinking and problem solving go hand in hand. In order for students to learn mathematics through problem solving, they must also learn how to think critically. Critical thinking has not been at the forefront of teaching strategies in schools. Teachers need to see the importance and the need to begin promoting these key strategies. Critical thinking is such an important aspect for children to learn in school.... [tags: Critical Thinking Education]
966 words (2.8 pages)
- Human beings have been preoccupied with thought and the concept of thought for centuries as is evidenced by the many philosophical and religious writings we find dating from ancient times. After all, we as human beings hold ourselves to be the masters of intelligence in the natural world since no other specie seems to exhibit the capability of thought and intelligence as demonstrated by human beings, the very term "homo sapiens" infers the ability to think. Critical thinking is asking the right questions about the information we are presented with on any given situation.... [tags: Critical Thinking Essays]
1089 words (3.1 pages)
- Critical Thinking and Decision Making In the corporate environment critical decisions must be made, sometimes quickly, whether because of changes in market conditions, corporate profits, or corporate performances. The decision-making process is vital to good management in today’s work environment. This paper will examine the relationship between critical thinking and the decision making process, explain what the textbook authors believe, and relate how both apply to today’s workplace. Critical thinking involves the ability to weigh evidence, examine arguments, and construct rational bases for generally accepted beliefs.... [tags: Corporations Managerial Decision Making Essays]
585 words (1.7 pages)
- The concepts of critical thinking and creative thinking are both gaining increasing importance in the world today. Critical thinking allows people to understand difficult concepts in a manner that is clearer and more defined. They can more readily understand those concepts if they employ critical thinking. In all portions of everyday life, a person is expected to make independent judgments. Those judgments are based on experience and knowledge. Without the ability to think critically, every situation that a person comes across would have to be considered in isolation from all other situations.... [tags: Critical Thinking Essays]
1255 words (3.6 pages)